The Wandering Workentins

The Wandering Workentins ~ Ron & Ali: God loving, couple with two great sons, two delightful daughters-in-loves and five wonderful grandchildren, Max, Opal, Christopher, Treyson and Alexander. Following the Lord wherever He leads. Travel along with us as we visit family, friends, work wherever He lands us all the while trusting Him every step of the way. We enjoy meeting new people and seeing new things along life's journey.



Monday, September 27, 2010

The Carnival is Done!

The carnival is done for the season! I have one day of tear down and Ron has a week or so. Was told tonight by Ron B. and Rob R. that this was the smoothest Puyallup Fair in Customer Service they have ever seen. Usually the Customer Service people quit on them. Best compliment I could have been given.

I have lots of blog posts that I want to do about the carnival along with some pictures. It may take me a couple of weeks to get them all done ~ hope you can be patient with me. My schedule for the week is:

Monday ~ tear down & clean the blue unit and white unit show offices, catalog all the scan guns. In the evening, Ron & I, Danell & Tom along with Dani & Kerry are going to Olive Garden for an end of season dinner. Danell, Dani and I were the Customer Service workers for the Puyallup. Danell did a great job giving breaks and allowing us to get off early a few times. Though the 17 days went fine, yesterday all three of us were ready to walk ~ I think the tiredness settled in, we were missing our families and tired of hearing complaints BUT we stuck with it and made it to the end!

Tuesday ~ Sandra and Gerald are making the drive from Blaine to Puyallup to pick me up for a few days in Blaine. While in Blaine I will pick up our Suburban, get a few things from the storage unit, see Jamie, Suzanne and OPAL!, hopefully sleep in one morning, have coffee with Dee and just plain relax, ending with a doctor's appointment on Friday and then returning to Puyallup.

Ron will be doing tear down each day. Have been told it should take about a week to get everything down. Over 70 rides need to be taken down.

Ron has agreed to be interviewed (by me) for a future blog. What I need from you are questions ~ what do you want to know from Ron about our season with the carnival? Post a comment, send me an email or post on my wall on Facebook. I hope you have lots of questions for him. I think it will be interesting to hear his take on things.

I know this has been short but it is time to go to bed. 7:30 will be here before I know it.

Talk to you all again soon.

Love, Alice



5 comments:

Sam&Donna Weibel said...

Good to see your season is over and you did such a fantastic job, obviously you guys have the same worth ethic that was drilled into my generations head, When I was Chief at The Lake, I used to have to close the swimming pool or at least cut back the open hours, every Labor Day weekend, because the majority of the guards were college students, and they invariably decided they needed a weeks vacation before school resumed and would quit unannounced leaving you stranded.Glad to see you had a successful season, Now some well deserved relaxation is in order.Be safe out there. Sam & Donna.

ROXINE said...

HI Alice and Ron,
Thinking of you and wanting to congratulate you for sticking with your commitment to the carnival. It has been a neat adventure reading your blogs, Alice. I have learned a lot about life on the road and we thought what we do is hard! (going to farmer's markets to sell the produce that we grow) It has been quite a summer. Reading your encouraging messages has helped us be more grateful and supported. Thanks! Love in Christ, Roxine

~~Mike~~ said...

Well done for surviving the Puyallup gig! That had to be a lot of work! I used to live right across from that fairgrounds, behind the parking lot in an apartment building. Some jerk dumped gas down the hallway and burned it down though. It was nice while it lasted, always had plenty of entertainment at the fairgrounds!

It has been interesting reading about your carnival season work! I always wondered about that type of job so it answered many questions!

-Mike
97 Roadtrek 170P "Taj Ma Trek"
HTTP://WWW.VanTramps.Com

Margie M. said...

Well done, Ali and Ron for the entire season. You guys tackled a new job situation and really learned a lot. You shared a lot of that information with your readers and that was great.

No wonder the Puyallup went so well with you 2 working it!!! :)

Phyllis said...

Congrats on sticking with it the whole season. I am afraid I wouldn't. Hours and the work involved seemed exhausting.

Good to be home again I am sure.