The Wandering Workentins

The Wandering Workentins ~ Ron & Ali: God loving, couple with two great sons, two delightful daughters-in-loves and five wonderful grandchildren, Max, Opal, Christopher, Treyson and Alexander. Following the Lord wherever He leads. Travel along with us as we visit family, friends, work wherever He lands us all the while trusting Him every step of the way. We enjoy meeting new people and seeing new things along life's journey.



Saturday, June 29, 2013

He is Risen ~ Originally Published 3/31/13

Have decided that having blogs on both blogger and wordpress is not working for me so now I am going to be reposting the blogs from wordpress here untilthey are copied over.

Woke this morning to loud thunder/lightening and rain and there was a huge thunder clap and immediately I thought about that Friday afternoon when Jesus said "It is Finished" and the great vale was ripped away.
My mind this morning had thoughts of God ripping the sin from my life and making me new in Him.  I am struggling to find the words to express my thoughts but I am filled with thankfulness and awe about what God must have gone through to watch his son die on the cross for me, for you, for all the world.  And no words can express the magnitude of feelings welling up inside of me.  Feelings of love, abundance love!
I want that love that Jesus has for me to exude out of me to others.
We got up early this morning and headed over to Friendly Baptist Church for their early service and breakfast with Virginia & Bill.  We were welcomed by so many.  What a blessing that we as believers can love on each other even though we are unknown to each other.  God's love is what binds us together.
By the time we left church the skies had turned a light blue with the sun peaking out from behind the clouds.  Another new beginning!
I want to close with the words to the hymn "Because He Lives" ~ each time I hear or sing this song I am reminded that I am not alone and that it is because of the sacrifice that God made of giving us his son, to die for us that we can live and have a full and everlasting life.
Because He Lives
God sent his son
They called him Jesus
He came to love
Heal and forgive
He lived and died
To buy my pardon
An empty grave
Is there to prove
My Savior lives
(Chorus)
Because he lives
I can face tomorrow
Because he lives
All fear is gone
Because I know
He holds the future
And life is worth the living
Just because he lives
How sweet to hold
A newborn baby
And feel the pride
And joy he gives
But greater still
The calm assurance
This child can face
Uncertain days
Because he lives
And then one day
I'll cross the river
I'll fight life's final war with pain
And then as death
Gives way to victory
I'll see the lights
Of glory and
I'll know he lives

No comments: