The Wandering Workentins

The Wandering Workentins ~ Ron & Ali: God loving, couple with two great sons, two delightful daughters-in-loves and five wonderful grandchildren, Max, Opal, Christopher, Treyson and Alexander. Following the Lord wherever He leads. Travel along with us as we visit family, friends, work wherever He lands us all the while trusting Him every step of the way. We enjoy meeting new people and seeing new things along life's journey.



Thursday, November 11, 2010

Thank you Veterans!

Today is Veteran's Day. 

I want to say thank you to the veteran's in my family.

My Grandpa ~ George Everett Lockwood, US Navy

My Dad ~ Theodore Arthur Nelson, US Navy

Ron's Dad ~ Pete I. Workentin, US Army

My husband ~ Ronald James Workentin

My son ~ Ronald James (Jamie) Workentin, JR

I want to say thank you to all the veterans I know.  Too many too count.  

Thank you all for the service you gave to our country.  For the freedoms you fought for.

Thank you for serving!

6 comments:

Phyllis said...

Be proud of your family. Each veteran deserves our gratitude.

Carol K said...

Nice post, Ali. Thank you to your family members for their service to our country.

Sam&Donna Weibel said...

Your family is like mine, Thanks to them all, My Grandfather, ever the railroader,used to say, "nobody rides for free, everything we have in this country and take for granted was paid for in blood".What a wise man he was.Be safe out there, Sam & Donna.

Kim Malone said...

Hi Ali,
Thanks for the comments on our blog! You asked about the Thanksgiving blinkie button - I got it from the cutest blog on the block site. I went to their buttons and then typed in Thanksgiving. Hope you find them!
Kim Malone

Cherry Chick said...

Hi Ali,
I didn't have an email to contact you back so I'm leaving you a note here. I'm sure I could come up with a nicer "alert" bracelet for you. I'd design it like a watch except I could use your "alert" piece instead of the watch face. Please feel free to contact me if you'd like to discuss it further.
Cherry Chick

Sam&Donna Weibel said...

Ali , send me a pm with your e-mail address and I will attach those veterans patches you liked they are small and picasso does all the work with sizing them.My pm is weeb@centurytel.net.Your Friend Sam Weibel..