The Wandering Workentins

The Wandering Workentins ~ Ron & Ali: God loving, couple with two great sons, two delightful daughters-in-loves and five wonderful grandchildren, Max, Opal, Christopher, Treyson and Alexander. Following the Lord wherever He leads. Travel along with us as we visit family, friends, work wherever He lands us all the while trusting Him every step of the way. We enjoy meeting new people and seeing new things along life's journey.



Thursday, November 04, 2010

Thursday Happening's

What a fun day today ~~~

Saw my endocrinologist (diabetes doctor) and had lost another lb!  Don't go back till April of next year, that is if we are in the area.  If not, schedule an appointment when we are.  She said she was so happy to see me healthy and happy!  Told her "me too!"

Then my friend, Dee, and I went on a hunt.  We looked for Pure Bliss, a new bakery in Bellingham.  I had the Pumpkin Cream Cheese muffin and Dee had the Pecan something arother (can't remember the name) along with a humongous cup of drip coffee.  Everything was so tasty, the atmosphere so pleasant.  If you are in the area, stop on by.  They are by Chocolate Necessities on Cornwall.
Now don't those just look so good?  Believe me they were!

Look at the size of this cup of java - 16 oz.

Our next stop was at Flat Bread also in Bellingham.  It is a new bread/bakery on the corner of Alabama & Cornwall.  Today picked up some egg bread ~ only $3 for a nice round loaf and some Naam - having that tomorrow.  A new favorite place of mine to pick up specialty bread.

Then we were off to Costco.  Went in for hummus and Propel and came out $80 later.  But got their Hot Chocolate, now I am sent for another winter season.

After Costco we went to Bed, Bath & Beyond.  Heard they carried the NuWave Oven.  We are thinking of getting one.  Nope, none in stock but they can order it for me.  Nah, that's okay, I really want to see it before I buy it.  Guess I will have to check Kohl's.  Saw lots of neat Christmas goodies so we trudged off to Wal-Mart thinking they would have lots of Christmassey things but not much.  Did see some people filling shelves.  Guess that means another trip to Wal-Mart is in my near future.


Had so much fun with Dee today.  It is sure a lot of fun to reconnect and have a girl's day out.  Next week I think we are going to have a Bellis Fair Mall day and of course sharing a cup of java.


Came home tonight and made a dinner of spaghetti squash with a creamy mushroom sauce and grilled steaks with a slice of egg bread - yummy!


Today I am thankful for good health.  It has been a struggle to get here, now to stay there.  God is so good giving me good doctor's, friends and a very supportive husband.

Now onto questions/comments ~~
~ yes we can stay in the condo till the motor home is repaired.  Another thing I am thankful for ~ good friends who share their blessings with others.
~ time together...yes our jobs with the carnival, especially at the end of the season we were going in different directions and different hours working.  We so love working together and will continue to search for work where we can do that.
~ Skype ~ very easy to hook up.  Just download to your computer, follow the directions and you are good to go.  Doesn't take too much time.  The only problem Brandon had was trying to find where to put the camera.  It was designed to sit on top of the computer monitor but they have a flat screen.  Not sure where they put it, but it all worked.  I would encourage everyone to do it.  It is so much fun to see our grands especially since we are miles apart.  I have also used Skype to speak to our friends who are on a mission in Russia.  So much fun.


Prayer requests/updates ~
~ we have been emailing back and forth with a campground in No. California.  They are now sending us paperwork to fill out.  We continue to seek employment for the new year.  Have been asked to return to the carnival but have not yet made the decision.  We trust the Lord to give us guidance and we know we will have peace when the decision has been made.  We continue to seek your prayers for us on this journey.
~ please continue to pray for my friend Lynda as she mourns the loss of her dad and for the family as they say good bye to him.  Always a tough thing to do.
~ for Ron and I as we prepare to give our testimony at Northwood Alliance Church.  We will be doing that on November 14th.  We want to give God the glory for how he has blessed us time and time again, through the many different journey's we have traveled.


Time to sign off for the evening.  Hope you all have had a wonderful day like I have had today.

4 comments:

Carol K said...

Very good to read your update tonight, Ali. Congratulations on the weight loss and the good health. Way to go!

Good luck with your testimony and with the job search. I'll be praying for you both.

Laurel said...

Hi Ali,

Just got your note on my blog. (You hopped over to mine from Bridgets.)

Since you found my blog through a CA friend, I was quite surprised when I hopped on your blog to find out that you are "right down the street". Did you know we are in Whatcom County???

Did you read my Takin' Care of Mama posts? I am on a SERIOUS pursuit of weight loss. I would LOVE to encourage one another.

I so look forward to reading more of your blog. I was about to head to bed ... but think I need to do a little reading first. :)

Be BLESSED!

Laurel :)

Sam&Donna Weibel said...

Great news about the Diabetes control, the Lord has been good to both of us as my Doctor is ticked with my numbers too. Just don't eat too many treats. Your Girls day out sounded like fun, Donna needs one of those. Be safe Out there, Sam & Donna.

pidge said...

Sounds like you had a great day with your friend. God really knew what he was doing when he created friends. My prayers are still with you.